Do Not Wait, Get Tested!
- ❤ 259 Likes
- 2287 Views
- 0 Comments
6.7% of the Georgian population is infected with Hepatitis C. According to WHO, infection of 5% of the population is considered to be high. In total, 200,000 infected people are registered in Georgia, 22% of those need medication, but only 1% underwent treatment.
75% of those who are infected do not show symptoms. If the virus is diagnosed early on, the chances of a cure increase by 50%. JumpStart Georgia investigated and visualized Hepatitis C statistics as well as diagnoses and treatment costs in Georgia.
- Organization: JumpStart Georgia
- Reporter: Tamara Kalkhitashvili (JumpStart Georgia)
- Designer: Tamara Kalkhitashvili (JumpStart Georgia)
- Interview with Sophie Guramishvili, Specialist, Department of Comminicable Diseases, National Center for Disease Control and Public Health, June 2013
- National Center for Disease Control and Public Health, Epid. Bulletin 2013, Volume 17, Number 1
- Data Set: Download
- Language: English, ქართული
- Category: Health / Public Safety
- Type: Infographic