Family Planning - Challenge for Georgians
- ❤ 13 Likes
- 2732 Views
- 0 Comments
Based on 3 surveys conducted in 2010, JumpStart Georgia investigated what women, men, and doctors in Georgia know about family planning and contraception methods. Results visualized in the infographic indicate that: not all methods of contraception are well-known among Georgian women; 21% of Georgian men are not aware of the contraception method that their partner uses; and 88.4% of the doctors would like to know more about family planning methods.
The infographic also tries to shed light on whether abortion is used as a family planning method in Georgia by showing that between 69.6% and 73.6% of women, whose last pregnancy ended in abortion, did not plan the pregnancy but did not use any contraception.
- Organization: JumpStart Georgia
- Reporter: Renata Skardžiūtė Kereselidze, Nino Macharashvili (JumpStart Georgia)
- Designer: Irakli Chumburidze (JumpStart Georgia)
- Data Source:
- Data Set: Download
- Language: English, ქართული
- Category: Education, Health / Public Safety, Lifestyle / Culture, Society, Gender
- Type: Infographic